stevegarfield.com

home  |  news

Sunday, November 24, 2002

 
On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at this month's Boston Final Cut Pro User Group Meeting, I talked about using QuickTime in cause-related media, by showing my coverage of the recent Boston Common Anti-War Rally.

I talked about what I learned with FCP, in putting this piece together, and exporting it to QuickTime for IndyMedia.org.

After the meeting I received an email which said in part:
I enjoy your presentations immensely and they give me the couage to do some of my own documentary work. I would lke to document an event like you did, with the anti-war rally, and post it on indymedia. Long live democracy! I think it is wonderful that we have this powerful medium that lets us tell stories that are avoided by the main stream media corporations.
For those who are interested, here are the settings I used to export my Final Cut Pro movie to Quicktime, prior to uploading the movie to IndyMedia.org:
File, Export, Quicktime

Options
---
Settings
Change Video to 'Sorenson Video 3'

Quality
High

Motion
Frames Per Second = 30
Key Frame Every 12 frames
Limit data rate to 30 KBytes/Sec
---
Size
Use Custom Size

Enter one of the following
Width Height
720x480
360x240
240x180
180x120
---
Prepare for internet streaming
Fast Start
I'm glad to hear that my presentation encouraged others to get out there and tell a story. If you don't go out, nothing happens.
posted by Steve Garfield 2:08 PM



news archives
Powered by Blogger.